Wednesday, August 03, 2022

First batch of Quordle poems

 Quordle Poems 1

A sample of the poems published on Twitter under the DailyQuordlePoem hashtag. 

The format is as follows, but sometimes I experiment with it:

Write poems of 4 lines, in 1 tweet. Lines start with the words from yesterday's Quordle. Tag with #DailyQuordlePoem. Curated: @ohthatwright  Created: @mKyleEdwards

Update: all my Quordle Poems, along with some hundreds of others, can now be found the Daily Quordle Poem website.


In the first few I was just finding my feet...

11.6.22

RAJAH, with care, opens the jar;
COBRA pokes his head out, just so far;
PIXIE sets the snake to bite the mare’s
SHANK, which raises all the rajah’s fears.  

12.6.22

AN ODE I wrote but yesterday,
BEGAN to recite by
AUDIO, but young May cried!
CHASM opened in my way.  

 14.6.22

‘DRAFT, there’s a draft! Close the door!’
‘LEANT on it, sure I did. Blew open once more.’
‘A(h), ZURE, that’s what ya always swore.
ARRAY wif ya! I’ll see ya no more.’    

15.6.22

SWOON, you soft and sweet and
SALTY moon, you’re in a splendour
PHASE and soon your tender
MANIA is strewn in another land.  

20.6.22

METAL, the Meccano was; metal
MODEL in Meccano led to panic;
PANIC of a clueless parent; by
A GATE, made A GETA-way.  

22.6.22

BURST a hole in the
LINEN beanbag; as a result the
TRAIN of itty bitty beans
SWEEP up I now have to. 

With thanks to Yoda, who’s always helpful in a metric jam.  

The next batch of Quordle poems is here



No comments: