Saturday, March 01, 2008

A good weekend & Zillion (!)

Four more books ready to go to new owners. That's quite a few for one weekend. I forgot to mention that I have books on Zillion.com, too. How could I have forgotten? For a long time Zillion seemed to be a bit of a fizzer, but it's a lot cheaper than Trade Me, and I kept books on there even though they didn't sell fast. However, this weekend we've had two sales off there, and I had another in the last week. So maybe Zillion is finally getting more customers.
This is the link to my books on Zillion.
Here's what's gone today:
A second Mary MacKillop book (as expected) called Mary MacKillop Unveiled. It's something like the not authorised biography.
Blood Orange, by Sam Llewellyn, a book that I've had for a long time, and which has never showed any inclination to move until now.
An omnibus edition of three Chalet School stories. I'd never heard of the Chalet School stories until I found one at the Recycling Shop at the Transfer Station (formerly known as the Tip or the Rubbish Dump). The Recycling Shop is one of my good sources for books, and I've found some interesting items out there. Anyway, the last Chalet book I had sold quickly, so when I found an omnibus edition, I thought I'd see how long it would last as well. Not long!
Finally, Consequences, by Carol Thomas. A romance by a New Zealand author - I don't remember where I found it, but the interesting thing about it is that when I was advertising it on Zillion last week, I discovered, when I went to find some info about it (I usually copy reviews or publishers' blurbs straight off the Net to save myself time) I discovered that someone on Zillion was already looking for it. (I'm sure Trade Me has a Wanted section that can be accessed, but I couldn't find it when I went looking the other day.)

No comments: