Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Gwen Gawith

One of those rare patches when I've got books sitting waiting because the purchasers haven't given me their address. One of them has paid me, which seems odd. Maybe they just me to hold the book in perpetuity for them!
Sold a copy of Power Learning today. I'd rather thought about keeping this, but it's really covering ground I've covered a number of times before. However, interestingly enough, it's by a New Zealand author, Gwen Gawith, one of whose other books I'm using at work to help me figure out how to get going on a research project.
Just came across a post on another NZ site (one that's more devoted to tech stuff than online auctions) in which he rather berates the validity of Zillion. I agree it isn't up there with Trade Me, but then Trade Me was first out of the bag and did very well for itself from day one. Anything else is a competitor with some catching up to do.

1 comment:

Mike Crowl said...

Since I wrote this, Zillion has turned into Sella, and now is closing up as Sella and combining itself somehow with the NZ Herald's online classifieds. Interesting change of pace. Can't say I ever found either Zillion or Sella worked well for me: probably sold no more than half a dozen books all up on either of their incarnations.